Legacy Video Pre-Production Deposit
**$1,200 is the Pre-Production Deposit Value - The total cost of the project will vary based on number of days filming, number of locations, and other variables. The final value will be determined via a conversation between you and your Account Manager.**
What is the Legacy Video Project?
We all have a story. We have all faced trials and tribulations that seemed daunting and insurmountable. But we endured, and we overcame.
Some of us grew families and built businesses. Others painted great works of art, wrote incredible books, or mastered the art of poetry. Still, others became scientists that changed the world, architects and engineers that built a world that never existed, or journalists who shared the challenges our world faces.
The fact of the matter is that while Hollywood can only choose a certain number of stories each year to tell, there are thousands of incredible stories that need to be told.
How many of us are blown away by the lives our grandparents or parents have lived? How many of us wish more people could understand what they survived?
The history books and Hollywood like to focus on individuals. A general. A president. A mogul. But the reality is that every major event in the course of human history has been painted by the men and women of that era.
Perhaps they aren’t the kind of story Hollywood likes to tell. But they’re worth telling.
That’s why the Legacy Film Project was created.
We want to tell those stories.
Your grandmother who immigrated to the United States and built your family.
Your grandfather who fought in Vietnam.
Your uncle who built a business that changed your community.
Your son who was wounded in Afghanistan.
How it works:
- The Legacy Film Project starts with a discussion with you to determine what you’d like the final documentary to look like.
- You provide a Pre-Production Deposit.
- After this discussion and deposit, we determine how many days of filming, and how many locations are needed. Some people will only require one day in one town. Others would prefer to have multiple locations tracing the person’s entire life over a period of weeks. Our pricing is based entirely on the number of days of filming and the number of locations filmed.
- We provide a film plan to you for your approval.
- You approve.
- We film!
- Within 30 days of our last day of filming, we deliver a cinematic documentary of you or your loved one’s life.
* We build in two revision rounds into the process, as we know that you may want changes to our first look!*
How Long Does the Process Take?
Planning and pre-production takes the longest. Your deposit covers up to 8 hours of pre-production conversations before you will be given a quote to complete the project. After up to 8 hours of planning, you will be provided a quote and agree to dates and events to film. Once the film ends, you will have your first edit within 30 days.
How Much Should I Expect to Spend?
You should be comfortable spending at least $15,000 for this project.
If Travel Is Involved, who pays for the film crew to travel to the filming location?
The customer is responsible for all crew travel. During pre-production, our team will work diligently with you to minimize the crew as needed for your story.
How long is the finished piece?
Your preproduction calls will determine how much estimated story will be captured during your filming session(s).
Want to Learn More?
If you have a loved one, friend, or respected member of your community whose story needs to be told, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.